Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Uncle Michael

The Republican Party is compromised of three core constituencies:

1) Predatory corporatists who steal from wage earners and destroy the planet.

2) Religious lunatics who believe "end times" are just around the corner, proselytize that anyone who doesn't accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior is condemned to eternal damnation and don't support civil liberties for homosexuals.

3) Angry racists.

To the detriment of the Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh has been the face and voice of all three-core constituencies. To counteract the Limbaugh brand, Republicans recently elected Michael Steele, an African American as their party's national chairman. Mr. Steele, a shameless apologist for the GOP's predatory corporatists, is working hard to soften the party's social image and had the temerity to suggest that the hateful Rush Limbaugh was not the real leader of his party. Sadly, Mr. Steele was coerced into apologizing to Mr. Limbaugh after a resulting backlash from the GOP's xenophobic/racist/misogynistic core.

One wonders how any self-respecting and decent human being could apologize for suggesting their political party was not led by a man who once said,
"I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."
From this day forward, anyone who cowardly panders to Rush Limbaugh and the Republican Party's insipid indecency he represents, should be called an "Uncle Michael."

5 comments:

Tango daddy said...

Uncle Micheal it shall be and not to burst any bubbles but there will be a good number of them. However the GOP and Republican party has not yet found their bottom line. but they are attempting to self destruct by listening to gas bags like Rush!! This is going to be fun and you Robert are on the front line! The last laugh is ours.

DB said...

My issue with this entire GOP leadership issue is how much play it gets in the "liberal" media. They are all about this spat and every little anti-Obama thing that comes out of their mouths.

Anonymous said...

constituency #4 - people who want to live quietly on their own without government interference, providing for themselves and their families.

It makes me sick. Everyone is looking to the government for help, please help me, save me. Boohoo, the government doesn't care about me.

Heck, I wish the government didn't even know I existed!

But that's my feelings. Put me in constituency #4.

DB said...

Ya, those are the people who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves (as you so eloquently proved). Those are the people who don't mind sending others off to war to die on their behalf so the government "can leave them alone". Man, I wish I had the courage to see my fellow Americans suffering and not give a shit. Actually, I don't wish that. I like being human and an American capable of caring about others.

whiskeydrinkersucks said...

Actually, I am an Iraq war veteran. I've done my bit for king and country.

I also gave 11% of my income last year to charity. I care about others. But with the impending taxation of money used for charitable donations, that will probably fall in 2009.

I just know the federal govt is completely inept at "helping" people. They have "good intentions" but disastrous results. Nobody cares if they ruin lives so long as their hearts are in the right place. Look @ what has happened with housing. Jimmy Carter & Bill Clinton forced banks via threats of fines and penalties to ramp up housing loans to subprime lenders. And where are we today?